1. WHAT IS FARGO SHOPPING?
Fargo Online Shopping Portal Service, is the first on-line shopping platform in Kenya where sales and delivery are fully integrated and executed by an established and well recognized company-Fargo Courier. For more information click here
2. WHAT VALUE DOES FARGO SHOPPING BRING TO MY BUSINESS
With www.fargoshopping.co.ke, you get FREE ONLINE MARKETING OF YOUR PRODUCTS on a platform that is an e-marketplace with a large base of potential local and international buyers allowing you to market to a wider audience and network.
3. DOES IT COST ANYTHING TO JOIN FARGO SHOPPING AS A VENDOR AND TO DISPLAY MY PRODUCTS?
No! Registration is FREE and you obtain a FREE WEBSITE PAGE ( e.g. www.fargoshopping.co.ke/shop/NameOfYourShop) from which you can direct your clients to view all of your products, again offering you a free and easy access to a wider reach of clientele. To join Fargo Shoppers community, click here
4. WHO WILL DELIVER MY PRODUCTS TO CLIENTS WHEN THEY BUY THEM ONLINE?
All Local Deliveries and Insurance are FREE OF CHARGE to the final online buyer/client and will be done by Fargo Courier which has;
- over 100 full-fledged branches, collection points and depots across the country and offices in Uganda
- 500 vehicles fully dedicated to Courier Services
- Over 1000 staff dedicated wholly to Courier Services.
- 24hr Contact Centre with friendly well-trained staff
- Real-Time tracking of your shipment through the Fargo Courier Website
5. DOES THE BUYER PAY FOR DELIVERY?
No! Delivery to the buyer is FREE.
6. HOW DOES A BUYER PAY FOR THE ITEM ONLINE?
Fargo Shopping has partnered with Pesapal who are a leading payment gateway service provider in Kenya and this allows Fargo Shopping buyers to pay in various methods including Mpesa, Yu Cash, Airtel, Orange Money, VISA, Master Card, Equity Bank, Co-Op bank etc from anywhere in Kenya and in the diaspora.
7. SO HOW DOES FARGO SHOPPING AND FARGO COURIER BENEFIT FROM OFFERING SERVICE?
For this Business Value Adding Service, Fargo Shopping will only retain a minimal fee of 12.5% of the sales as a referral commission and also to cover the cost delivery, insurance and payment gateway charge.
8. HOW DO I BECOME A SELLER
Simply log on to www.fargoshopping.co.ke, click on the signup, click on register as a new seller, fill in the details and you are good to go. For the best experience and attract more buyers to your shop, set up your shop by uploading your logo and cover image,. Upload product images and their prices and in less than five minutes, you will be a Fargo Shopping Vendor and potential buyers will start to view your products.
9. HOW DOES FARGO SHOPPING MARKET MY PRODUCTS AS A SELLER?
Fargo Shopping uses an integrated mode of marketing including using Social Media, distribution of e-flyers, e-shots, splashes, Newsletter as we all as through a sales, retail and customer service team effort. However, we also expect the Vendor to do their own marketing by referring their customer to visit their shops on the Fargo Shopping portal (e.g. www.fargoshopping.co.ke/shop/YourShop).
10. WHAT KIND OF PRODUCTS CAN A SELLER UPLOAD OR PLACE ON FARGO SHOPPING FOR MARKETING?
Vendors currently selling anything and everything can register and upload their products on Fargo Shopping as long as they are not prohibited. These include Electronics such as Mobile phones, Laptops, Furniture, Fashion, Seeds, Books, CDs, Gym Equipment, Shoes, Vehicle Spare parts, Hair and Make up, Toys, etc.
For an a tutorial of how to start uploading products as a seller, click here